all your base are belong to us.
Friends, Singaporeans, countrymen! finally a use for my blog. homework, would you believe?! anyhow, everything written below is purely fictitious and any resemblance bore to anything living or not is purely coincidental and the author would like to extend his sincere apologies to anyone adversely affected.
____________________________________________________________________________________
JC 1 LITERATURE 2005: PROVISIONAL COURSE
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT 1
First Person Narrative
Task:
· Using the techniques you have learnt first person narration, write a fictitious blog entry adopting one of the two personas suggested below. The entry can be about "A Day in TPJC" or "My first day at TPJC" or something of a similar nature.
· A good piece should reflect accurately (but also with irony and sophistication) the character, inclinations and motivations of your persona.
Character one (male):
You think you are a very good looking and intelligent young man and know that the girls just can’t wait to throw themselves all over you. However, you want to give the impression of being cool and discerning so you deliberately distance yourself from the rest of the students. You also think that no one has anything to teach you and that you deserve to be in some place better.
But deep down you are insecure and have some inkling that you may not be as clever as you think - no one seems to be paying you any particular attention. You wish you had more friends but find it beneath you to take part in what you consider childish conversations.
Character two (female):
You are an average looking girl and you know it. You know that many of your female classmates have a lot more appeal for the guys than you ever will because you are not sweet and pretty. So you think that your only hope of making friends and getting any male attention is through your wit and unique personality.
In order to showcase this to its best effect, you make it a point to contribute actively in every class, pass controversial comments, laugh loudly during discussions and generally draw attention to yourself.
Length:
Minimum 1 page (don’t want to limit your creativity but try not to exceed 2 pages)
_______________________________________________________________
I was injured on the 27th. Hence i did not make it to the ACJC bowling training session. Hence I am in TPJC and NOT Anglo-Chinese Junior College. But who cares? I'll probably be out by March.
My class did no require much analysis. From the moment I stepped in, I immediately realised that I was a round boy in a square class. I have never seen such nerds in my life. I tell you they are so damned quiet. Guess that's what a junior college is like. Study freaks man. I'll probably slack for all them tests and beat the whole lot of them. Thank the heavens for this really cool hip trendy happening Maris guy. He's the man and he, like me, should be in way cool ACJC and not way boring TPJC.
There were exceptions though. There is this clique of girls in my class who're really and I mean REALLY sociable. They were the ice breakers. Everybody got to know everyone through that clique. They were talking to everyone.
Everyone except me. Now obviously I was either not their type, or they found me hot. They were practically shying away from me (and Thatmarisguy). I don't know. You tell me. Wonder what they'd do if they found out I was attached. No, she's not from TPJC. No way! Eew. In fact she's from the school that has the same initials as TPJC. Only without that ugly letter 'P'. Oh well. I really cannot be bothered. This is so not my school.
Went for AO Math. Seriously bored myself off. Spent most of my time sms-ing away. We had this fat geek of a teacher who seemed to be puzzled by the questions fired at him. I practically asked 7/8 of the questions. Everyone else in the class seemed clueless about anything related to mathematics. Living evidence that right-brained people cannot do mathematics, and I mean for nuts. Again, this isn't the place for me. I should have chosen the science stream.
Blergh. Civics tutor's gay. Econs tutor's a bitch. Chinese teacher's a friendless coconut. I was only aware of my GP tutor's presence after 30 minutes in class. Lit teachers seem to want to subtly insult us rather than teach us. The class seems oblivious to the cleverly hidden insults spoken by the seemingly harmless ever-cheerful Lit tutors.
The canteen doesn't have anything to eat. ACJC's food's way better. Oh and there are so many people I know in this school. Actually there are people I know everywhere, so it doesn't really make much of a difference. It's just that there isn't anyone in this school whom I can really talk to. I guess I'm on a different level and frequency. I bet 3/4 of them are going to leave after the JAE anyway. We intellects deserve to be in a better place. Thatmarisguy's the bomb though.
Oh yes. Some loser was calling me a flirt. Thatmarisguy told me some despo was calling every girl I talked to or said hi to or acknowledged was my girlfriend. It's not fair to blame me for having so many friends, is it? Get a life. Nobody seems to be talking to me either. Told you. I don't fit in.
Been in four CCAs. Quit three. The band sucks. Retarded sectional leader man. I was selected to join the choir but honestly I think it's a waste of time. I can't blend with the people in Sea Sports either. Those guys think they're so macho. Yeah and they talk about Jay Chou. Bloody macho. I heard from someone that the best debators do not join Debate. Amazingly true. And they lost to the ACJC Debating Team. They were probably stuttering from an overwhelming amount of inferiority. Don't blame them.
The only reason why I'm staying in bowling is, although the whole team cannot bowl to save their lives, is because I'm extremely good at it, and the teacher begged me to stay. Bowling could also by my ticket to stay in a JC, be it disgusting TPJC, as the bowling team vouched to help me get in should I not qualify for ACJC or re-entry into TPJC.
Don't think that's going to happen anyway.
This school has a total lack of musicians. There's the occasional wannabe in the hall playing on the battered piano, but those guys CANNOT PLAY! Showing off? Well yeah. Musicality perhaps. Or the complete lack of it. Did I mention their singing was atrocious enough to kill the living and wake the dead? Or did you visit the hall and get killed yourself? Another reason why I do not fit in and should be in an MEP school.
I need my clique. Problem is, they're all at ACJC. And I'm not! Boo to you. Why did I have to injure my wrist?! I'm not coming to school tomorrow. I think I'm going to crash TJC. I already bought the badge. Truth be told I think I'm going to need the bowling to team to keep me in a JC. Shouldn't have slacked during my Os. But hey, that's that you get for being too smart.